Cooking lesson – Accessible tour in Italy
Discover some of the secrets of Italian cuisine around Italy with an Italian Chef!
- Historical interest 100% 100%
- Fun 90% 90%
You cannot miss the opportunity to take Italian cooking class while visiting Italy and our private Accessible Cooking Lesson is made just for you!
Italy is a place full of things to do surrounded by art and history, many monuments, and museums to visit and breathtaking landscapes to enjoy but it is known that culinary traditions are an important part of our cultural identity and every Region has always different flavors and dishes to discover, prepared with local and fresh ingredients often coming from local producers such as extra virgin olive oil, fruits, vegetables, cheese and fish. Our alimentation is very varied and the so-called “Mediterranean Diet” is considered a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage since 2010. ...
UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage since 2010.
In Italy, it is usual to eat together and share food with family or friends and meals are seen as an occasion to be together and socialize especially for dinner or for typical “Sunday’s lunch”.
Italians are very attached to their gastronomic culture and their recipes for this reason our chef will be more than happy to teach you the fundamentals of Italian cuisine and the secrets of some of regional dishes.
As previously said, every region in Italy has its typical dishes and recipes and with our private Accessible Cooking Lesson we will take you to discover and the traditional dishes:
- If in Naples, you will learn how to make the famous “Neapolitan Pizza”;
- If in Cinque Terre, you will learn how to make pasta or gnocchi with “Pesto” with fresh and local basil;
- If in Bologna, you will learn how to make “Lasagne” or “Tagliatelle” with Bolognese sauce;
- If in Milan, our chef will teach you how to make “Risotto” or “Ossobuco” (cross-cut veal shanks);
- If in Turin, you will learn how to make typical “agnolotti”, made with small pieces of flattened pasta dough and folded over a filling roasted meat;
- If in Sardinia, you will learn how to make “bread carasau”;
- If in Sicily, our chef will teach you how to make “Arancine”, “cannolo siciliano”, “cassata” or pasta with “Norma sauce”;
- In Tuscany, you will learn how to make “Pappardelle” pasta;
- In Rome, you will learn how to make “Carbonara” or “Amatriciana” sauces, using local “Roman Pecorino” cheese;
- In Venice, you will learn how to make “Fegato alla Veneziana” (pig/veal liver cooked with onions),
- In Florence, our chef will teach you how to make “Cantucci”, fragrant dry biscuits with almonds.
These are only few of examples of what you can learn with our private Accessible Cooking Lesson and if requested, you can also choose which Italian recipe you want to make!
Highlights and what's included
- Duration: Half Day
- Places of interest:
- Amalfi Coast
- ….and more!
- Exclusivity: All our tours are PRIVATE, not sharing with other guests
- Languages: All languages available on request