Tour in Florence: Palatine Gallery
Tour of the Palatine Gallery, Ponte Vecchio and Piazza della Signoria.
Starting from the sumptuous rooms and private apartments richly decorated and furnished, the Palatine Gallery occupies the entire floor of the Palazzo Pitti, the residence of the Dukes of Tuscany, before the Medici and then Lorraine, and later the Kings of Italy, from 1860 to 1919.
The Palatine Gallery, located on the left side of the Palazzo Pitti was built between the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century, by the Lorraines that put in boardrooms masterpieces coming mainly from the collections of the Medicis, until then distributed in various environments . This is an extraordinary collection that includes works by Raffaello, Tiziano, Caravaggio, Rubens, Pietro da Cortona and other masters of Italian and European Renaissance and seventeenth century.
The tour proceeds to Ponte Vecchio, entirely occupied by shops of gold and jewelry, and to the history of the Palazzo Vecchio, the seat of political power, and to Piazza della Signoria, the center of social life, built on top of the ruins of houses of the thirteenth century with the magnificent loggia.
GO BACK TO THE FLORENCE TOURS
FOR MORE INFORMATION FILL OUT THIS FORM